Archive for Credential Manager

Windows 7 – Outlook/AD Password Lock Issues

I sure hope there is better information out there than this, but I am documenting a nagging problem for us here with Windows 7 and Exchange 2013.

Once we rolled out Windows 7 we started having multiple calls in to the helpdesk about accounts randomly locking out and AD passwords not working. We have a 3 month password change GP setup, so about 3 months after the conversion the calls started rolling in.

We would reset passwords and delete user mail profiles with some limited success, but we did have some stubborn issues. A search on Google turns up lots of advice, but for us, clearing out the stored credentials is the only lasting fix. Here’s how to do that:

Go to Control Panel
Click User Accounts
Click Credential Manager
Look under Generic Credentials
“Remove from vault” all credentials listed here

Advertisements